Lowes laminate flooring look exactly like real wood and if the surface is accidentally scratched, the repair process is similar to what you would do with a real wood floor. However, a laminate floor is actually made of fiberboard and covered with a plastic surface that looks like wood.
Scratches on lowes laminate flooring can happen when you are not careful when you drag heavy furniture or appliances across the laminate floor. The presence of pets and young children also increases the possibility of damaged laminate flooring. The most important thing to remember when you have lowes laminate flooring in your home is to never sand it. Lowes should have a repair kit for your laminate flooring. The kit will come with a putty knife, wax pencils, and colored putty. Order the one that has the exact same color of your laminate floor.
When it comes to minor surface scratches, repair can be done using a wax pencil of the same color as the laminate floor. You will only need to fill in the scratches with the wax and blend it into the rest of the floor’s surface. The pencil form makes the chore easy as you will only need to rub the pencil’s tip back and forth on the scratch. Make your strokes just long enough to fill the scratch. Once the scratch has been filled evenly with wax, you need to buff its edges so that it blends well with the rest of the floor. Never use rough cloth as this will only further damage the laminate floor.
Scrapes on lowes laminate flooring are harder to repair, but still possible. In this case, you will need to use the putty. Spread the putty across the scrape using the putty knife that comes with the repair kit. Smooth the putty knife across the scrape and the surrounding floor. Make sure that you apply the putty evenly. Leave it untouched for at least 24 hours to harden.
Extreme scratches that have ripped through the top later won’t be repaired with wax or putty alone. In cases like this, you will need to remove the board and replace it with a new one. You will first need to remove the baseboard until you reach the damaged part. Replace the damaged one with a new board then put back the other undamaged board.
Although lowes laminate flooring materials are resilient, accidents happen that may cause scratches and damages. Never leave them unrepaired for a long time. They look unsightly and may even get worse if left unattended.
What Customers have said:
- I have 3 different types of laminate flooring in my house and this by far is the best one I’ve purchased!
- So far it seems very durable and looks amazing. Only negative I found so far is that since it is in a basement it does feel a little cold to the barefoot.
- Overall, I am very pleased and am considering extending it into the adjoining formals.
- This product looks beautiful!!
- I love this floor.
- The floor is stunning. There are lots of shades of oak and textures and depth. It really fools the eye making it look like you have a much more expensive custom hardwood installation.
- I have been getting lots of compliments from some who are surprised that it is laminate and not real hardwood.