There is a wide range of kitchen countertop materials that savvy homeowners may choose from. Each of these materials is desirable in their own way. This will make it hard for you to pick one for your own kitchen. Picking the material for your kitchen countertop is much like picking clothes to wear for a special occasion. You probably think that granite and marble are the elite few of kitchen design world. Yes, they are two of the most popular, but I am here to suggest other materials that are also creating a buzz in the kitchen design industry.
- Poured concrete – Homeowners who wish to have kitchen countertops that lasts a lifetime should opt for poured concrete. The end-products of this material look more and more divine as they age. Being cost-effective and low-maintenance makes this material the top choice of many cosmopolitan homeowners.
- Butcher block – Environmental activists recommend this material as it is ecologically friendly. If you do a lot of cutting and chopping in your kitchen, this should be your choice. You can choose between edge, flat, or end grains. The most common of which is the edge grain because of its durability and affordability.
- Reclaimed wood – Reclaimed wood is the talk of the design town these days. Many people have embraced the benefits of recycling which is exactly what reclaimed wood is about. Reclaimed woods are restored old woods derived from homes and barns. By purchasing this material for your kitchen countertop, you are giving back to Mother Earth.
- Stainless steel – Achieving a modern, elegant kitchen is easy with a stainless steel kitchen countertop. It can resist moisture, heat, and bacteria unlike any other kitchen countertop materials. However, it needs regular polishing and washing to avoid signs of wear and tear.
- Cork – Another environmentally friendly choice for homeowners is the cork kitchen countertop. Do you hate the noise that comes with chopping and pounding in your kitchen? This material is perfect for you since it has a sound-minimizing property.
Whether you are building a new kitchen or remodeling an old one, these suggestions for kitchen countertop materials will help you decide which one to choose. The myriad of options may overwhelm you. These five kinds are just a few of the ones you can see in the local market. They are the most well-known though, and in my opinion, the most useful and practical.
Tell us what you think about "Top 5 Most Useful and Practical Kitchen Countertop Materials"?