Vertical sliding glass door blinds can make a room look more spacious by creating an illusion of height. Since they come in different styles, colors, and textures you can surely find something that will enhance the beauty of your home.
Whether vinyl or fabric, sliding glass door blinds offer a lot of advantages. However, it is best to choose an outside-mount vertical blind rather than the inside-mount type.
Outside-mount blinds need to be installed above the sliding glass door rather than inside, making it possible to open and shut the door without damaging the blinds.
Moreover, this type of sliding glass door blinds is not hard to install. You can even do it on your own.
How to Hang Sliding Glass Door Blinds
- The first thing you need to do when installing outside-mount vertical sliding glass door blinds is to take the accurate measurement of the track and the length of the blinds.
- Decide where you want the blinds to fall.
- Hold the blinds up at the area where you want to hang it.
- Mark the ends then add a few inches for the track.
- Create a guideline that will tell you the exact spot for the track brackets. Do not forget to give enough room for the sliding door to close and open. If you are using a two-bracket tracking system, you should hang the brackets about 4 inches from both sides of the track.
- Drill holes for the wall anchors and the screws. You will need two screws for each bracket to make sure that the tracker is attached securely. Sliding glass door blinds have carriers that look like small clips where the blinds are inserted. When installing the sliding glass door blinds, these clips should align and face the same direction.
- Before hanging the blinds, make sure to test the carriers by turning the wand. Some manufacturers use a chain to control the blind direction. If your blinds have this, you only need to pull on them to change the blind’s direction.
- Once you are sure that the controls are working and that your carriers are align, you can now insert the blinds by sliding them into the carrier. You will hear a small click once the blinds are properly in place. Make sure that all blinds are facing the right direction.
Sliding glass door blinds should be properly packaged with all the components intact. When unpacking, make sure to check carefully for all the parts. It is highly likely that a missing component will hinder the successful installation of the blinds.